Welcome to the WMTPS Strategic Plan Page
West Milford Township School's Strategic Plan Goals:
(Adopted September 23rd, 2014)
Goal Area 1: Student Achievement
Goal Statement: Increase student abilities to adapt to the challenges of the 21st century careers.
- Produce technologically literate students and responsible digital citizens.
- Promote and support differentiated instruction and learning to increase critical thinking abilities and problem solving skills.
- Increase meaningful experiences that create opportunities to explore personal learning goals and visions.
- Continue to promote overall health, well-being, safety, and self-esteem of the whole child.
Goal Area 2: Community Engagement
Goal Statement: Develop and sustain an ongoing partnership between schools and community groups.
- Establish a direct point of contact individual to disseminate community information and opportunities.
- Create a culture that promotes volunteerism and support for community groups and events.
- Increase parent and family involvement through additional school functions.
Goal Area 3: Resources
Goal Statement: Maximize the effective utilization of identified and available resources to achieve the district goals.
- Identify facility and academic needs.
- Prioritize facility and academic needs by greatest effectiveness.
- Increase the effectiveness of ongoing technology integration.
- Identify and cultivate available resources for increased community engagement.
Goal Area 4: Culture and Climate
Goal Statement: Foster culture and climate that will help a student to determine what he or she has to offer.
- Enhancing students' perceptions of themselves by assisting them to identify their strengths and talents.
- Encourage positive use of social media and technology.
- Foster positive peer relationships through school wide and extracurricular activities.
- Develop student-community interaction through mentorship, internship, and career-based activities.
What is Strategic Planning?
Strategic planning is creating a vision of the future and managing toward that expectancy. It's operating under a mission statement umbrella that focuses the organization's effort. It's an effective process for aligning your short-term decisions with your long-term goals.
Strategic planning answers the three big questions:
- Where are we today?
- Where do we want to be in the future?
- What should we be focused on today, in order to make it more likely we will be where we want to be in the future?
Strategic Planning bridges the gap between long-term vision and day-to-day tactics.
What happened in Meeting 1?
Click here to read through the results of the discussion from our first Meeting.
What happened in Meeting 2?
Click here to read through the results of the discussion from our second Meeting.
What happened in Meeting 3?
Click here to read through the results of the discussion from our third Meeting.